There are several Lyme initiatives taking place in Canada at the moment. Those of us in the Lyme community need everyone to help us out in some way so that improvements are made in how ALL stages of Lyme and co-infections are diagnosed and treated in this country. This includes those not personally dealing with Lyme as at some point, in the not too distant future, everyone will personally know someone with Lyme and co-infections, as it has been said that by 2020, 80% of Canadians will be living in a Lyme endemic area.
It is not expected that you do them all (unless you really want to).
– A petition was just created via Change.org in response to the Draft Federal Framework on Lyme – https://www.change.org/p/minister-philpott-ticking-lyme-bom…. Please sign and share. The petition already has over 22,000 signatures but we need to keep them coming. Please use #tickinglymebomb when sharing.
– A Twitter account called TickingLymeBomb (@TickingLyme) has been set up to blast tweets about the above-noted petition. Anyone with a twitter account please follow this account, tweet and retweet. Don’t forget the #tickinglymebomb hashtag! We would love to get this trending!
– There is a Lyme Letters Campaign underway – http://lymehope.weebly.com/lyme-letters-canada.html. Please consider writing a letter to the Federal Minister of Health, copy to your provincial Minister of Health, for this worthwhile cause.
– Comments are being received until March 8th on the Draft Federal Framework on Lyme – https://www.canada.ca/…/consultation-draft-federal-framewor…. The Draft Framework basically advises what areas need work. There is nothing as to what will be done in the short and long terms as was discussed at the Federal Framework on Lyme Conference in May of 2016. There is nothing about adding Lyme as a potential claim for long-term disability. You just have to watch a few of the Conference videos on the CanLyme YouTube page to know that the Draft Framework is seriously lacking.
– Initiatives are being organized across Canada for Sat., June 3rd. Each province could use more help with organizing. Each province needs for folks to get out on the 3rd to support. Be VOCAL! More info can be found on the VOCAL – Voices of Canadians About Lyme” Facebook page or you can contact me.
It’s time to speak up!